Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Personal space

Dogs just do not understand personal space. Normally, this is a non issue. Is there anything better than wrapping your arms around a big, warm, furry animal and hugging it?

But sometimes, a person NEEDS that space. Case in point. Up there,^, at the word furry, I had to stop typing and scream, then cry a little bit and finally, ask my husband to pass me an ice pack because our dog was sitting on the couch beside me, watching me type. She saw something out the window and jumped up, off the couch to go see it.

The problem? She used my knee, the one I just got nine stitches in, as a starting board to push herself off.

Earlier today I had a similar problem with her. She likes to come up to us and when we start to scratch her ears or chin, she quickly turns so we scratch her back. The turning part, she crashes into our legs. Each time, until I made her go lay down in her bed, she would crash into my knee.

We have a bark collar for Smokey, but I think wee need to invent some sort of wireless alarms so that I can program it to beep and warn me before she is going to cause me this amount of pain again.

Seriously, my knee is ON FIRE right now!

No comments: