Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sammi saga

This past month I noticed that samantha had a loose tooth, and that seemed wrong. She just turned three in August, why were her teeth loose? Within two weeks, she had three teeth loose and her gums around those teeth were receding. We didn't have insurance to cover this kind of thing, so i was pretty damn worried.

We simply could not afford a huge vet bill, but faced with the knowledge that her teeth were progressively getting worse, and in a short time frame, we had to do something!

I took her for an estimate at her normal vets office and was quoted 483.24 for a cleaning, tooth extraction, and iv fluids. I was horrified. They have no payment plan, and we don't have the extra cash knowing Christmas and house insurance is coming up soon.

I posted on facebook about our woes, about it costing nearly 500 smacks to fix Sam's mouth, and my groomer said "Call me,. I know a different vet".

Well Sam went in yesterday morning and had a cleaning, three teeth extracted and iv fluids, and we paid a whopping 220.00. Thats it. Less than half of the other estimate, for the same service. What the hell?

Last night sam was groggy and kind of funny, but today she is back to her old self. her teeth are sparkling white and she looks to be healing very well on the extraction site. I'm disappointed in our vet, on the over charging (in my opinion, it is over charging), but i will continue to go to them for the girls annual shots and check ups.

And don't tell Smokey, but I'm gonna start saving for her to go in and get her teeth cleaned.....

No comments: