Friday, March 13, 2009

BED TIME!

I love bedtime. Wait. Strike that. I'm not a huge fan of ending my night and going to bed, but hot damn, once I am IN bed, I never want to leave it! Crawling into my heated bed (We live in Saskatchewan and get -50 or lower temperatures six months out of the year, so a heated bed is a MUST)sliding in under my Sferra sheets (Is it just me, or is the best smell in the world freshly laundered bed linens?) MMmmmmHM I love bedtime!

My ONLY problem with bedtime is my blanket. You see, I want it to smell fresh and clean, but it's HUGE and, sure, it fits in both my washer and dryer, but it is a pain in the ass to launder. PLUS, it's fuzzy, and the dog sleeps at the foot of the bed, and the cat sleeps where ever she pleases on the bed, so not only will the washer be attacked by the fuzz, it gets full of both dog and cat hair as well.

Last week I washed our blanket, and the next load I washed, the machine sounded...weird. I talked it over with my dad and he suggested running an empty load to clear out the dog hair, that maybe the hair was clogging it up. Well. I can't wash an empty load, my particular machine won't run if there is nothing in it, so I took some clean sheets from the linen closet and washed those.

Sure enough, after a hair free load, the washer went back to sounding normal.

I'm thinking about taking our blankets to the laundromat from now on. I know we have one in town... what would you do?

1 comment:

phinz said...

Yes! Take to laundromat! Use the big frontloader washer or even the extruder to get the blanket squeaky clean, and probably get out a lot more pet hair that you can't even see! It's worth the cost, trust me.
I LOVE a clean bed with fresh linens--especially since I started having hot flashes and night sweats!