Friday, December 12, 2008

Location, Location LOCATION!!

Yep. I missing out on another review becuase of where I live. I saw a sweet review opportunity for a grill today, but I can't even apply to review it becuase I live in Canada.

Now, from what I understand, and I *could* be wrong, is that companies have different PR groups. Like a PR group based in the US may NOT send a review to Canada, but if the company had a branch in Canada, the Canadian branch could send out the product. It might be that more companies based solely in the US are doing product reviews, and if so, I wonder what I would have to do to get the word out to Canadian companies that there are tonnes of Canadian bloggers willing to test their product and try it out.

I mean, it would be cheaper to supply the product for a few hundred, say, Hydroxycut reviews, than it would be to take out print and TV ads to tell people about the product, and money right now is tight, I think, even for the big companies...

No comments: