Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Son, He worries

Rainbow man, Eight, is a constant source of joy, amusement and worry for me. I worry, because he worries.

For example, after six months of pleading and bribing and finally giving up, he got up the guts on his own to go to the dentist and have his dental work taken care of. The work he needed was extensive, and I have never been as proud of him as I was that moment on the chair when I realized he was not going to chicken out (again).

he had three teeth removed and three different appliances put in. On the bottom, he got a large spacer to hold apart the teeth where they had removed them and to push his front teeth back into place.

yesterday he came home from school saying that when he chewed his apple his spacer on the left side kept popping up, but that he was able to push it down.

He went in last night and had the spacer removed and re-cemented on and all was well int he world.

until 12:03 this afternoon when the phone rang. He sounded SO worried, almost close to tears in fact, when he told me that during gym he was hit in the face with a ball and his spacer fell off. After asking are you OK, I immediately laughed, to me, the timing is hilarious, he was JUST in, getting it put back on, but to him, it was the end of the world.

He figured I would be mad, that he dentist would be mad. He worries like that. He was surprised when I laughed, so imagine what he will think when he finds out the receptionist at the dental office laughed too.

He goes back in tomorrow to put it on again. They do say that the third time's a charm, right?

2 comments:

Shelli said...

That is exactly how Sam is. He worries about everything.

Not a Granny said...

But what a brave young man Rainbow Man is! They grow up so fast, don't they!!