Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Talk

As in, THE talk. It has to be done, and soon. Parker is only ten, but he is the youngest in his grade, there are some 12 year olds in his class, and at PTI on Thursday, we asked his teacher and the girls are definitely into boys and making no bones about it!

So far, his teacher said, he is oblivious to the looks and giggles, but soon he will catch on and I really want him to know the truth, the right and proper truth about it, from us, not from an ill informed friend.

Every time he comes to us with a question, like how to get rid of blackheads, I want to start in and tell him, just TELL HIM but I can't!

It just really bugs me. I know he needs to know but i cannot stand the idea of him actually KNOWING. I mean., How do I tell him "penis goes in vagina" and not look at him differently PLUS, if i give him The Talk, he is gonna know that his FATHER AND I DID THAT!

OMG.

Im sooo conflicted.

We have set a date though, We have decided that we have to do it before September becuase he will be in grade six, at the high school in September.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I have these talks whenever we're in the car... That way we aren't actually looking at each other. This is probably wrong on some level, but it works for us... We've gone over the actual mechanics, how babies are born, VD, condoms and birth control, and abortion... at least we have had the discussions.