Friday, February 01, 2008

Good news/Bad news

I absolutly hate when someone says to me " So. Do you want the good news or the bad news?" Immediately I think the worst. (I mean death, dismemberment, chaos in the streets!)

For that split second I am given, I struggle with should I ask for the bad, hoping the good makes up for it, or ask for the good, so I am in a good enough frame of mind to deal with the bad...

In the end I always ask for the bad news first. But that is not the point. I hate being put on the spot. I hate having to choose!

And so...Thursday night after work, hubs came in and said "So. Do you want the good news or the not so good news?"

Sigh.

The good news turned out to be super great news! his entire plant got a bonus - almost 1400 bucks, but taxes took over five hundred away.

The not so good news, is in my opinion at least, also good news. Mandatory overtime for the next three Saturdays.

In four years the husband will get a month of paid leave from work to use each year. When that time comes, we want to go on a cruise. So the bonus he got is going to be the start of our savings for that trip. Tomorrow afternoon we will zip down to the bank and open a checking account to store the money in.

But I still hate the good news/bad news question!

No comments: