Monday, June 23, 2008

The downside

So we got an alarm system a few weeks back - and I am shocked at how much safer I feel, not just when we leave the house, but at night when I am in bed!

The downside? In the morning the alarm must be disarmed - Before the dog goes out to take care of her business!

On Saturday I was in bed, sleeping, when I woke up to a fast BEEP BEEP noise. It took me a minute to realize it was the 30 second count down to the alarm going off. I jumped out of bed and struggled with my housecoat - I sleep Sans Clothing, and raced to the front door, only to have the alarm go off with me about five feet away. Let me tell you this - that alarm is LOUD!

I entered int he disarm code and was already back in the bedroom when a womans voice came out of the wall " Alarm Tech - Is Everything OK?"

THAT freaked me out! I mean, I knew that they are supposed to call and stuff, but I figured if the alarm was deactivated they assumed things were OK, not so, Not only did I have to tell her everything was OK, but she asked for my name and password too - the password? I blanked out for a second, and for the life of me could not recall it. I mumbled something the first time, and luckily by the time she asked again, for me to clarify it, I remembered!

It was not the best way to wake up, know what I mean?

1 comment:

Not a Granny said...

Oh yes I know exactly what you mean...I really wish I didn't.