Sunday, November 02, 2008

The US Election has me Confused

I will admit that 1. I have no right to post anything about the US election becuase I am not eligible to vote, and 2. I'm not a politically savvy person. But. I'm confused about one point.

I'm confused about US health insurance.

I'm confused about how some people think that making the US health care system more like Canada's - Free - is a BAD thing!

No one has point blank said how this can be bad. How having free health care so that people, little kids are not dying of pneumonia becuase their parents had to choose rent and groceries and there was not enough left over for health insurance.

I know that more of my readers are from USA than are from Canada, so I am hoping that one of you can tell me - why is it so bad?

2 comments:

Blogarita said...

I don't think it's bad. But I get poo-poo'd by some of my fellow American's for wanting something more in line with what you have in Canada. I don't understand them, either.

Shelli said...

I don't think it's a bad idea for the most part. I worry about the power that it will give government in telling physicians how to practice medicine instead of them being able to do it as they see fit. Right now we have insurance companies telling doctors how to practice medicine, so maybe it will just be trading one evil for another. In a perfect world, I'm all for it because I wish everyone had access to health care.

As for others, I think they are worried about how much it will cost them in taxes.