Thursday, October 23, 2008

Family Fun Night

Tonight was our schools Family Fun Night. They have a FFN each year as a fundraiser and it is a lot of fun. hectic, but a lot of fun. I've always kind of felt on the Outer Banks when it comes to other mothers. I don't really talk with them at pick up and drop off time- I mean, I say Hi and make random small talk, but I do prefer to not have to talk with them. I just don't feel like I belong!

I've used our youngest son as an excuse for the entire time I have had kids in school to keep from "having" to volunteer at the various school functions there are! Except, this year, Logan is in school too, and I no longer have any excuse to not volunteer, and tonight was my first night as a volunteer.

You know, it wasn't that bad. All I had to do was had out bingo tickets while taking in tokens at the door. It was only a half hour shift, and if I do say so myself, I did not half bad! And...it wasn't that horrible of an experience either. I mean. I was a bit confused at first as to what to do, but after the first few minutes, I got my bingo grove on!

No comments: