Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Mourn With me

Last night as I went to fill my cup with wonderful hot coffee, I noticed that the light on the pot was off. This is not a big deal, the coffee pot has a two hour timer for safety reasons.( It shuts off automatically after two hours.)

I pushed the ON button to turn it back on, but nothing happened. Well, thats not true. The button did not push in when I pushed it, which IS something, and that something told me

ACKKKKKKKK BROKEN COFFEE POT!!!!RUN !!! PANIC IN THE STREETS!!! THE WORLD IS ENDING!

or uhm something like that...

Luckily I was able to divert disaster by calling my mother in law who is a hoarder of all things big and small. I recalled her telling me coffee pots had gone on sale a while back and she bough three of them. Nine at night And I was over there begging for a new coffee pot.

I am always so amused when I go int heir basement storage room, Jumbo size tins of coffee - a lifetimes supply. Dog treats when they have no dog, ten huge packages of socks, each holding enough pairs to cover a twenty feet, there was even a set of Nike golf clubs. That one made me laugh out loud because neither of them golf.

No comments: