Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I need a recipe

I need a recipe for strawberry JELLY.

We cannot seem to find any jelly in the stores, though we have looked and looked and looked. All the strawberry stuff is jam, with big bits of mushy strawberry. we want something that is smooth, and has very few to zero bits. I do not mind straining out the pieces LOL.

I have been up down and sideways all over Google today, but all the "jelly" recipes do not tell me how to get just the juices and how to thicken and crud like that. It all just says "crush"


Little help please!

3 comments:

Shelli said...

I do not make jelly. I do not cook at all really. Sorry.

Annie Jones said...

Usually you don't find strawberry jelly, but instead jam or preserves. I think it's because it's hard to get a clear juice from strawberries.

But if you can find strawberry juice frozen (doubtful) or in a bottle (probably only blended with something like apple or cranberry juice), then you could try one of these recipes. I'm not sure they will work, but they might.

http://www.recipezaar.com/118985

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grape-Jelly/Detail.aspx

Bluepaintred said...

well, it's worth a try, thanks annie!