Thursday, October 25, 2007

Worry

I know that I often worry about silly things, things that make no sense. But today I am worried about my father in law. This summer he was helping a friend out and was up on a make shift scaffolding. It was stupid of him to be up there, but FIL has no idea how to NOT help when someone is in need.

He fell off the scaffolding, which can have major complications for someone in their late sixties, especially as FIL is on blood thinners becuase he has had a few strokes and is blind (from a stroke) in one eye.

When he fell, aside from massive bruising, you bruise really easily when on blood thinners, he hurt his shoulder. He was all tough and manly for about a month and then went to the doctors. He tore his rotary cuff. I think. Actually I am not sure what it was but he tore something that needs surgery to fix it.

At seven this morning he went into the hospital for his surgery. It is supposed to be routine, three small incisions, out before night fall, but with his heart problems, multiple strokes and thin blood, I can't help but worry about him. I wish I had thought to ask if he was going to be going under general anesthetic or local.

I will obviously update with a he is fine post when my worries amount to nil, but until then I will be sitting, and worrying about him.

2 comments:

Shelli said...

So, is he okay? It was probably general.

Shelli said...

I meant it was probably general anesthetic.