Saturday, October 06, 2007

Whew

Number one, I cannot believe I was successful in keeping my big mouth shut about the puppy to the children. She was a complete surprise!

I have you, dear interwebs, to thank for that! If I did not have my six billion nine hundred and forty eight blogs to spew puppy excitement all over, I would have simply exploded!

If y'all read BPR, you know we had a very challenging night with Smokey last night. Before bed the Hubs and I agreed he would have puppy night duty on weekends (Friday/Saturday) and I would take her out to potty on week days.

The simple reason for this is that I can nap in the afternoons quite easily at home, while his boss might be a little upset should he curl up on his welding table and take five there!

Last night was so difficult, NONE of us slept, and the baby cried and cried, he was scared of her howl. He has never heard a dog howl before. Tonight, after much discussion, we have decided to let her sleep in her kennel in the garage. It is not a heated garage, but we will put her kennel on some blankies and she has a fleecy blanket and two ragged towels - which I might add were not ragged until he got her sharp little puppy teeth on them yesterday! We are going to also put a blanket over the kennel ( keeping the door uncovered for air flow) to help keep her warm.

I assume we will go to bed around midnight or one, and we will set the alarm for two hours after that to take her out to pee. Them we will set it three hours after that for another potty trip.

then, by the time she has to go again, it will be morning and *hopefully* we will all have had a good sleep!

1 comment:

Not a Granny said...

So, did it work?