Wednesday, October 17, 2007

iPods and how they annoy me

I bought the iPod nano - video, a four gig for 171 plus change CAD a few weeks back. It does almost everything the site says it does. Except all the pictures I want on? they have to be manually resized to an undetermined size. If they are not resized, they are on, but you can only see them as thumbnails and not individually.

BOOOO

And then there is the fact I bought the damn thing so I could download tetris for only 4.99 usd. BUT you need a credit card to sign up to itunes EVEN if you get a freaking giftcard! So now I cannot have my tetris. This makes me MAD!

What about battery life for the iPods, all of them, not just mine. The batteries are rechargeable, but not infinitely. After awhile the will not hold a charge and you have to send them back to apple, pa out the wazoo and get it changed there! Apparently an iPod will take 500 or so charges before it starts to lose its charge. Sounds like a lot, huh?

Nope.

At the rate I am using it, about two hours a dayplaying solitaire, I have to recharge it ever day and a half. Basically, ever two ears I will have to shell out close to two hundred dollars for a new iPod. The whole irreplaceable battery is a rip off IMO.

gah. glad I got that off my chest!

3 comments:

Fireflower said...

irreplaceable parts, uninterchangeable parts, this is how the companies maintain their monopoly on a certain product. Otherwise everyone might just buy the base model and get the upgrades at a price that's reasonable. Like Gateway's memory sticks. Don't get me started on that.

But other than the battery thing, how is the nano working for you?

Bluepaintred said...

actually I am pretty in love with it, thats why I worry the battery will die. I do wish it had a clip like my shuffle had so I didn't have to hold it or find a pocket for it, but other than that, I love that i have video and pictures (even if the pics are small) of my kids. I hate when I go out and see someone I know and I don't have my boys to show off. Now I don't need them LOL

Anonymous said...

If Im sittin at my computer, I just use the library within Itunes and not my pod. (If you haven't figured that one out) Might help with the battery life.

My hubby also purchased a protective case for the lil pod, which has a clippy....:)

Love your blogs btw...