Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sign of the times

When I was a little girl/ teen, I watched my mom put her make up on with only the aid of the mirror on the wall in our bathroom. Now people use all sorts of makeup mirrors! I admit to falling into the hype, and buying an 8x magnifying light-up mirror. But truthfully? I don't use it.

The magnification makes me dizzy, and the light bulb burnt out after a week becuase my kids kept turning it on and I would not notice until night when all the lights were off- except it!

When I do put on make up - which is not often, it is a little mascara, a little cover up and a little gloss. that's it.

Maybe if I wore more elaborate make up, more regularly, I would use a fancy make up mirror, but until then, I will leave my burnt out mirror in the drawer and stick to my wall mirror!



No comments: