Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My little Heart Attacks




We live in a very small town. My in laws live on the same street as us. For the past year, we have allowed our children free range on our street.

They are not allowed to leave it. they know this rule. They follow this rule. Always.

Until today, when, for the first time, they decided to leave the street. And I had a heart attack.

A three and a five year old boy. Alone, and neither of them thought to bring a map.

After fifteen minutes of tears and fear (mine), we found them, six blocks from home.

Their excuse?

"We're going to the South Pole. To the place where Santa Lives"

5 comments:

Annie Jones said...

They really do need a map.

Sheila said...

OMG - wow... I think you need to show them mapquest on the computer.

I'm glad they were found and okay!

Not a Granny said...

Oh Sweet Jesus, are you okay?

Fantastagirl said...

OMG - breath...breath.

Now that I am breathing... I hope that you are too - WOW... your poor heart. I am glad they were found and okay.

Anonymous said...

Oh My, I bet they are grounded for LIFE.
But on a plus note, they are O.K