Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What next!

For about a year we have been fighting with both our phone and our internet. It got to the point that my granny stopped calling me becuase my phone was so bad. I lost a bunch of good opps on different sites becuase My internet would suddenly and with no warning crash completely.

To be honest, we don't use the phone that much so I was not too concerned about getting it fixed, but the inter net? I lurves the internet! I need it! So I asked my husband to look at it.

He was thinking our wireless router was bad. We had bough it on sale and you do get what you pay for. He sat at the table reading the manual that came with the router and guess what he saw?


  • Tip for 2.4GHz Cordless Phone Users
    Worried about interference between your 2.4GHz phone and a wireless network? While the two share the same frequency band, there is lots of space for the two system to work together without interfering with each other. For 802.11 series wireless networking products, most experts suggest using wireless channel 11. (All D-Link 802.11b Wireless devices default to channel 6). This frequency is often outside the frequency band of most 2.4GHz phones. Also, in the 802.11b (2.4GHz) standard there are 11 channels to choose from, all but three of those channels are overlapping channels. Channels 1, 6, and 11 are the only non-overlapping channels.
  • (Obviously this is pasted off the net, but its the same in the book.)

    Anyway. Problem solved!

    No comments: